My sweet friend Valerie nominated us for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award! We love Valerie’s blog, full of great recipes, fun stories of her family, breastfeeding and natural birth articles, and more.
The great thing about being a mom blogger is finding other mom bloggers. I enjoy getting to know moms like me with full days raising their children, tackling laundry, sharing recipes, snuggling babies, laughing, crying, loving. Motherhood is beautiful and messy.
Three Things I Love About Motherhood:
1. Breastfeeding. There really is nothing more beautiful than holding your little one close and feeding them. I love milky grins and playful pats during feeding sessions. I love the chance to hold and rock my babies, caress their chubby cheeks, smell their hair and love them while they fill their bellies.
2. Discovering my children share my completely warped sense of humor. It’s hilarious and wonderful that my children can laugh with me about life’s funny twists and turns. A laugh shared with friends is a blessing – and it’s even more beautiful when those friends are your own children.
3. It never ends. I will always be their mother. As they grow up, stretch out their wings, leave our nest, I will still be their mother. There will still be phone calls, emails, telling me about their lives. I will be there (God willing) to help take care of their babies, cook for the holidays, watch them make their own choices in life. No matter what happens, I’m a mommy now and forever.
“Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves.” – Charles Stanley
Here are my nominees for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award:
Mommies, to accept the award, please do the following things:
- Click the above award image, save it and use it in your acceptance post.
- List 3 things you love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving mamas; you may choose as many as you like. (Be sure to make their day and let them know of the nomination)
Congratulations mommies! Thank you for sharing your lives with us through your wonderful blogs.